MELBOURNE METRO TUNNELFull-Time / Part-Time / Weekend Contract Work
• As a member of our team you will be responsible for transporting materials such as landfill. Tipper experience would be beneficial.
• Full alcohol and drug testing as part of the pre-start.
• Dress codes will be full PPE - long shirts, long pants, laced up ankle high steel tipped boots.
• Driver must hold and maintain relevant competencies such as train track safety awareness, heavy combination vehicle license. If you hold a heavy rigid upgrade provisions are available.
• Smoking is prohibited in company vehicles and on site.
Key duties include:
• Conduct pre-start inspections of trucks and ensure all paperwork is completed accurately and within stated timeframes.
Work in harmony with onsite staff and take direction from Spotters and Crew Supervisors to ensure all publicly posted safety rules and internal safety procedures are followed.
Maintain eye contact with spotters recognising and following their signals.
Embrace the introduction of new technologies and procedures as we continue to innovate the way in which we operate.
Observe and implement all safety instructions and procedures and actively take part in daily toolbox talks.
The positions are based in Melbourne and surrounding areas.
• Cleaning and maintaing the trucks to a high standard.
Essential criteria includes:
Current HR/MC License.
White card for construction industry.
A full driving history and demerit points based on state of residence.
• Positive, friendly attitude.
Your own transport to and from the yard.
Highly Desirable Criteria includes:
• Experience operating tipping truck or semi tipper.
• Good knowledge of Melbourne and surrounding areas.
• Previous experience in asphalt industry.
To be successful in this role you will need:
• A high attention to detail and organisational skills.
• A sense of urgency and the ability to adhere to work schedules and follow through on challenges as they arise.
The ability to adhere to policies and procedures as they are set forth and maintained.
Ability to attend safety and job related training.
Job Type: Full Time / Part Time / Casual
Salary: $40 Per hour
Driving: 2 years (Required)
License / Ticket: White Card (Required)